Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Your Prayers are Needed!

I need everyone who reads this blog to do me a favor. We are needing some major prayer support right now. As some of you may know, my brother-in-law Chuck was recently diagnosed with rectal cancer. They have been able to determine that the cancer is stage 2, which is a huge answer to prayer. Today at 1pm, he is scheduled for surgery so that they can remove a cancerous tumor. This will also give the doctors a clearer idea of how advanced the cancer is and help them formulate a treatment plan.
I wish you could understand what blessing Chuck has been to our family. He came into Sara's life right when she needed someone the most. He is a wonderful, full of life guy who loves to have fun. He has been a wonderful match for my sister. He is 35 years old and he and my sister Sara have been married for about 2 1/2 years. He is a pilot in the Air Force.

I'm asking that everyone who reads this blog will pray for the following:

1) A safe and complication free surgery.
2) Wisdom for the doctors as they formulate a treatment plan for Chuck
3) Encouragement to both Chuck and Sara as I can only imagine how frightening this time has been.
4) Continued healing and a swift recovery.

I believe that God has a plan and a purpose for each of our lives. He brings things into our lives to mold us into the people He has always wanted us to be. Going through tough times is never easy. But knowing that the Creator of the Universe is holding Chuck and Sara in His hands and has a special plan for them gives me hope and peace and I pray it does for them also.

Thanks a million everyone! I will keep you updated. Also, scroll down and check out pictures of Owen's first birthday!!

2 comments: