Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Taste Test Tuesday- Oven Roasted Stuffed Chicken Breasts

I'm going to give you the recipe up front but we will not be having this meal until tonight so I will post what we thought of it tommorow. I am tweaking the recipe a little bit since I only have $5 left for groceries and I'm not going to waste that to buy walnuts!! Instead, I will be stuffing them with ricotta cheese, spinach and garlic. Hope it's good! I found this recipe by going to the ingredients tab at allrecipes.com and tying in that I had ricotta cheese. Up popped about 100 recipes that have ricotta cheese in it. This is a great way to find recipes to use up ingredients that you're not sure what to do with!!

Oven Roasted Stuffed Chicken Breasts

Ingredients

1 cup part skim milk ricotta cheese
3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts (I'm subbing spinach)**
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
1 teaspoon dried oregano
6 boneless chicken breast halves, with skin (I'm using boneless, skinless)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil (I used olive oil)
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a large baking dish.

In a bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, walnuts, Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, and oregano.

Loosen the skin on the chicken breasts to form a pocket, and stuff with the ricotta cheese mixture. Arrange the chicken breasts in a single layer in the prepared baking dish, and brush with oil.

Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.

**If you want to add spinach and garlic like I did, cook some frozen spinach on the stovetop for about 3 minutes and then drain. I wanted my spinach tiny so I pulsed it in the food processor. Then, in the same pan, I cooked 1 1/2 teaspoons of garlic until it was fragrant. I could have gotten away with using more though. Then combine spinach and garlic with the rest of the filling and stuff the chicken!

From http://www.allrecipes.com/

No comments: