Monday, March 15, 2010

Robot's New Homestead


I just spent the last hour constructing a new home for Preston's robot out of Wes' old Lincoln Logs. (Where's Grampee when you need him??) My first attempt was so nice! It was a small, quaint log cabin that I knew that Robot would love. There was no door (because I couldn't figure out how to put one in) but I hoped that he wouldn't noticed.

I was wrong...Preston and his buddy Robot noticed right away.

"Where's the door?" Preston said. No, thanks for building this house from scratch with your bare hands!! No gratitude whatsoever!!

So, I was back to the drawing board. I had to deconstruct the whole thing in order to put in the door. The good thing was once I began, I was able to upgrade the house. It was twice as big as the first. Man, Robot is living the American dream. When I finished, I told Preston to come and see Robot's new house.

"Okay, now where is the garage? He needs a garage." And that's where Robot's American dream came to an end.

Robot needs a job. Mama ain't working for free.

And while Robot is busy earning some money for his new garage, he needs to hire a security guard to protect his home from the ominous threat of Baby Owen. He may be cute, but he's a threat none the less. See him in the background?? He's pretending to be distracted, but he has his sights on deconstructing Robot's house as fast as possible so he can eat it for lunch!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jim and Sandy said...

I hear that Owen is crawling now. Go Owen, GO. How did he like his birthday presents?

The Cooks said...

He loved them! He put a whole bunch of Lincoln Logs into his shopping cart. He also loved the Fisher Price Ride on toy. Did you know the bee you got his is plastic, not wood?? Isn't that funny? Some retro toy!!

Wes said...

If you don't look too close, it seems the exact same as the old toy! Owen is having a good ole time with his presents! :)