Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Taste Test Tuesday- Coconut Cream Cake

For this Taste Test Tuesday, I have a yummy recipe from my friend Melissa for a cake that tastes light and springy. And it is oh so easy.......
Coconut Cream Cake
Ingredients:
1 white cake mix

1 small can sweetened condensed milk

1 tub of Cool Whip

8oz can of cream of coconut
(Melissa and I were only able to find this at Walmart in the 15oz size)

1. Prepare the cake as directed on the box. While the cake is still warm, take a fork and poke holes all over the cake.

2. Pour the can of sweetened condensed milk all over the cake until it is covered. It will eventually soak it all up. Chill in the fridge.

3. To make the whipped topping, thaw the Cool Whip and then combine it with 8 oz. of the cream of coconut. This is a really light tasting frosting. Reminds me of summer.

4. Once the cake is chilled, apply frosting. You can also garnish with coconut, but I didn't. Keep in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve. Refrigerate leftovers.


Mmmm....I'm eating some right now. It's so yummy! Someone has to eat all these props you know!

No comments: