Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Taste Test Tuesday- E-Mealz

Today instead of a recipe, I wanted to share a very cool site that I stumbled upon. It's called E-Mealz and I think it's going to make my life a whole lot easier!!

Here's how it works:

You pay $15 for 3 months of service and here's what you get:

1. A weekly 7-day meal plan customized by what is on sale at a certain store. (Right now they offer Kroger, Aldi and Super-Walmart.) It has a lot of different options such as a 2-person menu plan as opposed to a 5-7 person meal plan.

2. A custom shopping list with sale prices listed so you can see how much you will be spending before you even leave your house!

3. If you are on a certain diet such as Weight Watchers, they also have special menus available.

I just signed up for this service yesterday and here's why I did:

1. I can use all the simplicity I can get when it comes to meal-planning.
2. I want my kids and husband to have more variety in meals than I am currently offering. I want them to like things that I might not be accostomed to serving.
3. I am always up to try something new, especially since it's only $5 a month! That's 1.25 a week!

So, if you want to try it out with me, go ahead and click on the banner at the bottom of the page or on the side and sign up. (I will get a little bit of a referral bonus if you do this). When you sign up, use the coupon code: DAVE and you can get the first 3 months for $12.50. I did this and it worked perfect.

I will be blogging about what we think about this program and I promise I will give it to you straight because I don't believe in paying for something that isn't worth it. I signed up for Kroger even though it doesn't list our area because I'm hoping they will eventually match up. We'll see how it goes..... But at $1.25 a week, I wonder how you could go wrong!! If you try it or have tried it, let me know in the comments!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Looking forward to seeing how this goes:)