Isn't it amazing how one kid can have so many naughty looking pictures?? Hmmmm.......Hey there. Sorry it's been so long since I've put a real post up here! We have been busy this week working with Preston on sleeping in his own bed. With Wessy Jr. coming soon, we thought now was a good time to transition him out of the crib. It's been funny....to say the least.
Day One- Perfect Angel....he didn't get out of his bed or even move around for that matter. He did have a cold so that probably had something to do with it. Slept in there for nap and nighttime.
Day Two- Perfect again! I was feeling good. What a nice little boy we have. Slept in there for nap and nighttime. During the night though, he fell out of the bed...oops. He cried for awhile and was not a happy camper.
Day Three- He was feeling back to his fiesty self, so I was prepared for the worst. Good thing too. I told him if he gets out of his bed for anything...he will be punished. No if's and's or but's about it. Well, about 5 minutes into the nap, I hear the door close. Then I go into the bedroom and he has started peeling off his surfing border that is above his bed!! Not just a little bit. About a foot of the border....gone. So I go in there and he gets punished. He finally settles down and goes to sleep. I cry about the border....just kidding.
Day One- Perfect Angel....he didn't get out of his bed or even move around for that matter. He did have a cold so that probably had something to do with it. Slept in there for nap and nighttime.
Day Two- Perfect again! I was feeling good. What a nice little boy we have. Slept in there for nap and nighttime. During the night though, he fell out of the bed...oops. He cried for awhile and was not a happy camper.
Day Three- He was feeling back to his fiesty self, so I was prepared for the worst. Good thing too. I told him if he gets out of his bed for anything...he will be punished. No if's and's or but's about it. Well, about 5 minutes into the nap, I hear the door close. Then I go into the bedroom and he has started peeling off his surfing border that is above his bed!! Not just a little bit. About a foot of the border....gone. So I go in there and he gets punished. He finally settles down and goes to sleep. I cry about the border....just kidding.
Here's the damage....
Day Four- Terrible. He gets out of his bed 3 times during naptime and doesn't seem to care. He ends up in his crib and falls asleep within 5 minutes. Is it really a bad thing if a 13 year old still sleeps in his crib??
Day Five- Funny stuff. Wes is home since it's Saturday and he's in charge. For P's naptime, he closes the door. I warned Wes that he was asking for trouble.........well, trouble came. Wes hears Preston yelling around in there and he looks in the room and P's not in there. He's not in his bed and he's not in the room. Then he sees the wood blinds in his room move and figures out that Preston is standing in the window, yelling at cars that go past! He loves yelling "Cycle, Cycle for motorcycles." Anyways, he gets in trouble, but goes to sleep pretty quick. Wes and I had a good laugh about what our neighbors must be saying about us.
Day Six- Good to go....no escapes from bed and he seems to be enjoying himself. We've survived this long, so I think he's in the big boy bed now to stay!
The good thing about all this is that he doesn't get out of the bed in the morning until we come and get him. We were worried that he would be roaming the house, but not so far. So, there is a silver lining!!
4 comments:
HA!!! Pardon me while I giggle at your adventures :) You already know how our little angel dealt with the transtion.
And I would cry about the border :( Soo sad. Hope you have some more! Good luck to you!
It really was funny to see Preston standing in the window just looking at everything outside. I think he got in there and then didn't know how to get out! :)
-Wes
Hey Stacy! Long time no see! Just thought I would give a little insight for what is to come! We moved Alexis over to a "big girl bed" about 6 months ago. The trasition wasn't too bad I guess. But just wait until Preston is old enough to decide he doesn't need naps anymore. The past few weeks have been a battle for naps! Today Keith was putting her down for what was suppose to be a nap, but while he tinkered on the computer I thought I would check on her. All the noise coming from her room was a pretty good clue she wasn't sleeping! When I opened the door, there she stood, naked and had half her dresser emptied on the floor! I asked her what she was doing and she said she was trying to put on her "baby suit" (bathing suit) but couldn't! I gave up at that point! Glad to hear things are going better for you now!
OH GREAT!! Thanks for the warning Becky! I'll be sure to watch out for him sneaking around. I have already decided I'm going to be really sad when he decides he doesn't need a nap anymore. I guess you could institute "Quiet Time" in their room where they have to just play quietly....am I naive or what?? :)
Post a Comment