Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It's Not Big Money....But it's Easy!!

Don't worry....Taste Test Tuesday is coming!! But it's going to be more exciting than usual. This week we are going to have a guest poster, my mom (who taught me everything I know) do a Taste Test Tuesday recipe. Not sure what she's going to do, but I'm sure it will be yummy!!


Anyway, until then, I wanted to tell you about something cool. There is a website that I found through Wes about a year ago called Ebates (http://www.ebates.com/). At this site, you get paid to do your normal online shopping!! Don't believe me? Well, it's true!!

With Christmas coming up and more and more people doing shopping online, more money is being spent online. At Ebates, all you have to do is visit their site FIRST, before you visit the website that you are going to buy something at. Each of their websites listed on their has an amount of cashback that they offer to you! You click on their link and wala! You are at the website you wanted to go to. But the difference is you are getting a little money back! Here's an example.

I want to order some pictures from Snapfish.com. So, first I go to Ebates and go down their list and they have Snapfish listed as a merchant you can receive cashback from....10%!! (FYI- most stores have lower cashback than this.) So, I click on their link for Snapfish and it takes me directly to the Snapfish website. Then I make my purchase through Snapfish. A week or so later, I get an email saying that cashback has been credited to my Ebates account. If I were to spend $20 on Snapfish, Ebates would credit my account for $2.

Every three months or so (I can't remember the exact amount of time), Ebates sends out checks to you for your cashback money. Now, I don't do a lot of online shopping throughout the year, but I just got a check back for $5.51 for shopping through Ebates. Not too shabby. But I do do a lot of shopping online for Christmas, so I will defnitely be shopping through Ebates first if I can. They don't have every merchant on there, but they do have a lot of the big names.

So, if you are interested, email me at stacylcook@gmail.com or post a comment and I can email you a refer-a-friend email. Just for signing up, you get $10 and so do I! Then once you make your first purchase, you are eligible for your first check back. I know there are a lot of scams out there, so I'm hoping this doesn't sound like one of those, because it's not! If you go to their website, you can see that they are a upstanding website.

No comments: