I am so excited to embark on a new adventure for this Christmas season....a cookie swap!! I got the idea from an ad for Domino Sugar. (I know, I'm a sucker) The idea is for about 8 women to get together on a weekend night or weeknight and bring 8 dozen cookies to share with the other 7 women that will be there. When you go home...you will have 8 dozen different types of cookies to impress your friends and relatives with!! How fun is that??
Here's what my cookie swap info: The first 8 people to respond to me that they want to come will be at the cookie swap! I will email an invitation out to you once we come up with a date. I was thinking of a weeknight instead of a weekend night since those tend to get busy. This is a girls-only event...a great chance to get out of the house and have fun and fellowship with other girls. Sorry...no kids allowed unless you're breastfeeding. :)
We can exchange our cookies and then I was thinking it would be fun to watch a holiday chic flick to get us in the mood for Christmas. And of course, you can feel free to eat some of your new cookies!!
Another exciting idea that Domino had was to bring a small donation that we can donate to the Great American Bake Sale which feeds hungry children. Because times are tight for almost everyone, I thought it would be neat to just bring all of the spare change that you can find around your house and donate it. If we as a group reach $35, Domino Sugar will send a free gift of an apron and a Sandra Lee cookbook to show their appreciation. I was thinking we could do a drawing to raffle off this free gift to one of the lucky girls!
If you want more details on the cookie swap, visit www.dominosugar.com/cookieswap and you can get all of the details.
So, if you're interested in coming to the Cookie Swap....email me at stacylcook@gmail.com. If no one responds, I will make 8 dozen cookies and eat them myself!! :)
1 comment:
Women! Please sign up! I want cookies!
-Wes
Post a Comment