Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Parmesan Crusted Chicken: Taste Test Tuesday

We finally have got a great recipe for you!! Both Wes and I give this recipe 5 stars!! And it's so easy! You will feel like you don't deserve such good food after only cooking for about 30 minutes! And when you hear the title, you will think fat, but this is actually a healthy pick according to Kraft. Without further adieu....here it is!


Parmesan Crusted Chicken in Cream Sauce




Here's what we are going to be using!



The recipe is from Kraftfood and you can click on this link and find the full recipe:


http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/parmesan-crusted-chicken-in-cream-91371.aspx

I didn't use exactly the brands they wanted me to use because I'm cheap, but if you feel you must (Sandy, I'm talking to you...) then go for it!


The Ingredients:


2 cups instant brown rice, uncooked (I used a box of Rice a Roni I got for free at Kroger)
1 can (14 oz.) fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
6 RITZ Crackers, finely crushed
2 Tbsp. KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
2 tsp. oil
1/3 cup PHILADELPHIA Chive & Onion Light Cream Cheese Spread
3/4 lb. asparagus spears, trimmed, steamed (We used broccoli instead of asparagus)


How To:


COOK rice as directed on package, using 1-1/4 cups of the broth and 1/2 cup water.
MEANWHILE, mix cracker crumbs and Parmesan cheese on plate. Rinse chicken with cold water; gently shake off excess water. Dip chicken in crumb mixture, turning each piece over to evenly coat both sides. Discard any remaining crumb mixture.


HEAT oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add chicken; cook 5 to 6 min. on each side or until golden brown on both sides and cooked through (165°F). Place chicken on serving plate; cover to keep warm. Add remaining 1/2 cup broth and the cream cheese spread to skillet. Cook on medium heat just until mixture comes to boil, stirring constantly. Simmer 3 min. or until sauce is thickened, stirring frequently. Spoon sauce over chicken. Serve with the rice and asparagus.


Notes on this recipe: I only made 3 chicken breasts and I almost ran out of breading so you may have to make more than the recipe calls for. Also, once the chicken was done, I put it in the oven at 175 degrees while I finished up everything else because I was afraid the breading would get soggy if I covered it with foil. Also, the cream sauce took about 5 minutes to thicken, not three, so don't lose heart!


Here's the pics of us cooking it "Kraft Style"

Here are the chicks before they were going into the frying pan.


Tip: Just let the chicken cook and don't move it around too much or you will lose some of your breading!


And here's the finished product......


I'm hungry now! If you guys make it and like it or even if you don't, leave me a comment! I would love to hear how it turns out for you.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I know you did not eat that broccoli