Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Journey/Heart Concert

Once in a while, Wes and I like to let our hair down and do something out of the ordinary. Tonight was one of those nights! We went to a concert at Verizon Wireless; Cheap Trick, Heart and Journey. Now, we're not experts on the bands music, but we knew some key songs so we thought it would be fun!

Here's some highlights:

1. We didn't realize it, but I guess it's a given that if you are at a concert, you should drink at least 5 beers a piece! (We only drank four a piece though.......just kidding!!)

2. Cheap Trick is really old, but they have cool guitars. They had a 12 or 16 (I can't remember) string guitar and also a guitar that was like 5 guitars in one! We didn't know any of their songs though. Oops.

3. Heart was wonderful. Those girls sure can sing! I was inspired by how great they can sing and also play guitar. They are definitely talented.

4. Journey was also great. It's really neat because just recently they got a new lead singer who they discovered off of YouTube. He is from the Phillipines and he is a dead wringer for the old lead singer (in voice, not looks). He was an amazing singer and he had so much energy! He bounced all over the stage and Journey made sure he earned his money because he sang like 20 songs!

All in all, it was a great, lively concert with lots of drunk people and lots of good music!

1 comment:

The Millers said...

Glad you had fun. I personally love the people watching as much, if not more than the concert!