Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Taco Meat Seasoning: Taste Test Tuesday

Hello there, my faithful 2 readers, glad you stopped by. Do you ever get sick of buying those taco packets thinking that you can get a better tasting taco at Taco Bell? Well, because I am always looking for cost-effective alternatives to things and because I have gotten a lot of compliments on this taco meat's taste, I have decided to switch to making my own taco seasoning. I have found a great recipe at Allrecipes.com for "Restaraunt-Tasting Taco Meat."

Here it is:

Restaurant-Style Taco Meat Seasoning


PREP TIME
10 Min
COOK TIME
30 Min
READY IN
40 Min

Servings 10

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
1 1/2 tablespoons corn flour
4 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon dried minced onion
1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 1/3 pounds lean ground chuck
1 cup water

DIRECTIONS
In a medium bowl, combine the corn flour, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and seasoned salt. Stir in the paprika, cumin, garlic salt, and sugar. Blend in the onion, bouillon, and ground red pepper, stirring until all spices are well blended.
Crumble the ground chuck into a large skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until browned. Remove from heat, rinse meat with hot water, and drain water and grease from beef.
Return meat to skillet, and pour in seasoning. Stir in water. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until most of the liquid has cooked away, about 20 minutes.

So there you have it.....easy easy. You could also make your own packets and store them in your pantry in Ziploc bags for convenience! That's what I'm thinking of doing.

Hope you didn't miss the pictures too much! Preston has had the flu so you probably don't want to see a picture of him!! Poor little dude.

No comments: