Wednesday, September 9, 2009

If God's tuggin, don't ignore it!!

We decided that when the kids were older, things were going to get kinda tight in the house so we thought now would be a good time to look for some bunkbeds. As you can see, sharing a twin doesn't make Owen too happy...hehe. Nevermind, that's just his camera face. Anyway, so we have been on the lookout for bunkbeds for about 2 months now. I have been faithfully checking craigslist everytime I can to see if there is a good deal to be had. Well, Friday morning, I woke up in a real bad mood. Preston decided to get up early and I was wanting to sleep in! For some reason, I had a feeling I should check craigslist even though I could hardly open my eyes. And there they were! Just the bunkbeds we had been looking for and at a price we could definitely afford!! $125 bucks!! So, Wes, being the craigslist master, wrote the lady and told her in bold letters WE WILL TAKE IT!!

So, that afternoon wonderful Mandy watched the kids while Wes and I took a little road trip down to Moorseville. It's actually a cute little place about an hour south of Wes' work. When we got there, we knew that these bunk beds were exactly what we were looking for....but in Wes' style, he asked the lady if she would take $80 since there was only the full size mattress that came with the bed. She said, "how about $75!!" SOLD!! We also found out that our email was the first of 30 that she received within hours of posting them.

So, moral of the story is, good things come to those who get up early.......no wait, I don't like that moral. How about if you feel like God is tugging at you for some reason, act on what He is telling you.....ahhhh yes I like that one better! Here's the beds and I can't wait for the day when both my boys will be in there having the time of their lives. Lindsay and I have some great memories from our bunk beds from back in the day......like pretending whoever fell of the bed would get eaten by sharks. Kids kids!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Side comment: Do know that when I talked to the lady on the phone the first time after she asked us if we wanted it for sure, I asked her if she'd be willing to take closer to $100 since the twin mattress wasn't there. She said "Definately!" Then she said another amazing sentence..."If you get here to see them and want to offer a little less, I'd take that too!" I told her on the phone that the less we can get them for the better! She was happy that we could come down the same day and pick them up in Mooresville. Then the rest of the story about me offering $80 when we got there, and then her turning back and saying.."how about $75"...and the rest is history! :) - Wes

Melissa Wisley said...

I agree Stacy. I loved having bunk beds with my sister. The mischiff we got ourselves into late at night when mom and dad were alseep. He He! Owens face is histarical in the pic. He looks like he is trying to tell us something. " Help me, do you really think I want to share a room with Preston!" :) They are going to have so much fun when Owen is a little older!

The Cooks said...

Mel, you're right!! He is saying Beam me up Scotty....get me outta here!!