Just cuz I love everyone that reads this blog, I'm going to give you some funny things to laugh at......most of these jokes are at the expense of my doctor.......sorry man, I really do like you, but some of this advice is pretty wacky to me.
1. I was asking the Dr. how I could deal with certain discipline issues with Preston and he told me I should use time-outs. He said that originally they thought the best thing to do would be to put the child in time-out for the number of minutes that he is old (ex. Preston is 3 so he would go to time-out for 3 minutes). Now the new thing is that you can put them in time out for as little as 20 seconds!! I'm glad there wasn't a camera on my face because I'm sure I looked like a deer in the headlights. So, you're telling me Preston takes all of the toilet paper off the roll and he will start feeling remorse because he has to sit in time out for 20 seconds......I mean, I know that is 20 seconds of his life he won't be able to get back, but I don't think he really minds!! So, I decided I will stick with what I'm doing...locking him in the basement for 2 days. Oh wait, we don't have a basement. Time for a new idea.
2. The Dr. also asked me if Preston was in daycare? Nope. Preschool? Nope Mother's Day out? Nope. He looked at me like, how could you stifle this young mans social life?? I think Preston will survive the fact that he only gets to play with friends 1-2 times a week!! In a few short years, he will be gone all day, so I'm holding on to him as long as I can!!
3. The last funny comes from the patient himself....Preston. Mimi called this morning and I asked if Preston wanted to talk to her. He said yeah, so I gave him the phone and started watching him talk to her. He looked at me and said "Mom, don't watch me!" and he walked out of the room and stood around the corner. I then heard him say to Mimi, "Sorry, I had to tell mommy not to watch me!" Isn't this supposed to be something he says when he's a teenager, not a 3 year old??
No comments:
Post a Comment