Well, I went into Preston's room after his nap to a very small surprise. He had thrown out all his pillows and blankets and his little Garfield and was sitting there naked from the waist down. His diaper was on the opposite end of the crib with a pile of poop "nuggets" on the bed, just sitting there.............EWWWW!!! He had managed to get his pants and diaper off and then empty his diaper onto the bed. How sweet!
I will say that I found this very humorous and couldn't even be mad at him. I think the funniest part was that he was sitting there so calmly while a poop pile stared him down. I also thought it was funny how he made sure to be way on the opposite side of the pile. Nowhere near where he might have to encounter it. It's times like these that I wish we had a hidden camera in his bedroom just to see what actually happened.
For all of you who are thinking.....seeeeee......he's ready for potty-training, well I have thought this also, and Wes and I were all prepared to start the process when we had the "Incident." I was downstairs making dinner and Wes was up in the loft on a phone call. I could hear Preston yelping from upstairs but I figured he was just trying to get Wes to pay attention to him. Well, the yelping continued, so I went upstairs to find Preston, holding on for dear life. He was perched precariously in the toilet, with his bottom about to touch the water. He had thought that he was a big enough boy to get on the potty without the potty chair and had nearly fallen in. He was yelling to us to save him from falling in!! Luckily, I saved him, but the damage was done. Now I say, hey let's use the potty and he says, "Nooooooo, biper!! (diaper in Preston language) So, potty training has been put on hold for awhile. If anyone has any tips on how to help him overcome his fears......let me know!!
Thanks for enduring this potty-filled post! I was going to put up pictures, but figured I would save you from losing your cookies!!
No comments:
Post a Comment