Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Taste Test Tuesday- Homemade Rolls Part 2

Once the bread machine beeped letting me know the dough was done, I took the dough ball and pulled it until it was kind of like a long cylinder. At this point, it was pretty wide so I made a horizontal cut and then cut my rolls from there. I rolled them into balls and put them into pans. The recipe says that it makes 20-24 but I guess I must have made smaller rolls because mine made about 36. One thing that has helped me become a better baker was the use of a dough cutter. It's like a big metal square with a handle and it cuts through the dough so much better than a regular knife.

Here's all of the dough separated and put in pans to freeze for later. When I am ready to bake them, I will take them out of the freezer the night before put them in the fridge. About an hour or two before dinner, I will let them raise a little and then bake from there.

Here's a few I made to see how they tasted. They were yummy especially with butter or honey butter. Like I said, I'm not Martha Stewart, hence the burnt bottoms, but they were still yummy!

No comments: