Saturday, January 9, 2010

Something to think about......

"Such is the end of all who go after ill-gotten gain; it takes away the life of those who get it." Proverbs 1:19

Wow, when I read this verse, it hit me hard. All you have to do is think back over this past year and this can describe more than a few of the "icons" who some of us looked up to. Michael Jackson, Tiger Woods, the list goes on.... Whether these people passed away or ruined their lives through immense scandal, the message of this verse has rung true. On the surface, you would think that having millions of dollars would fix things and make life AWESOME. You would think it would fix everything. But in the end, their problems were still there, and then they inherited more problems.

As I continue to try to become more like Christ and to become more content with what I have, this verse is a great reminder that maybe I'm not missing out on as much as I think I am. A life lived out fully serving Christ will pay me back so much more than material things. Are there things in your life that are causing you to lose focus on the reason why we were put on Earth? If so, I would just encourage you to figure out what is holding you back and get rid of it because life is too short to let this question go unanswered.

1 comment:

Melissa Wisley said...

Well said Stacy. I often have to remind myself of this too. Thanks for the reminder!