Before Christmas, all of the cousins on Wes' side of the family decided that instead of doing a gift exchange, it would be fun to have a "murder mystery dinner." This was my first experience with a murder mystery and I wasn't sure what to expect! About 2 weeks before the dinner, we received our characters from the organizer of the dinner.
We were not allowed to discuss anything about our characters prior to the dinner except that which was common knowledge to everyone. Wes was cast as Inspector Ness who was the main person in charge of questioning everyone to get to the bottom of the murders. If you know Wes at all, you know he was perfect for this role. He loves to ask questions!! He had a whole little notebook full of notes before the night was over. I was a ditsy law firm secretary who was linked to a lot of office romances but secretly I was an FBI agent who was engaged to Inspector Ness. How exciting!!
Well, the night got off to a slow start since no one had ever done a murder mystery before. We were all not exactly sure what we were supposed to be doing. Then Wes' brother Chad "dropped dead" of poisoning which upped the excitement level. After that, 2 or 3 more people died (I can't remember exactly...they were dropping like flies!!) But it further complicated things to try and figure out why these certain people died and others hadn't. Questioning people was also a little bit difficult because some people had major roles while others had minor roles and it was hard to figure out if people were lying or not!!
In the end, Kayla, Wes' most quiet cousin ended up being the murderer. Go figure. You always have to look out for the quiet ones!! And Wes and I ran away together to Belize for a secret wedding. (If only.) All in all, it was a really fun night and a great way to get to know each other better! I would definitely recommend doing this if you haven't already. Just do it with friends though rather than complete strangers or else it might get a little bit awkward!
Here are all the "players." This picture we were all supposed to look serious, but I guess because I am a ditz in real life too, I ended up being the only one smiling!!
2 comments:
Sounds fun! We miss you guys! Remember when we played Cranium at your house? Fun Fun!
Looks like Alan was smiling too. :)
I also remember playing American Idol with you guys! That was really fun. Especially since Joe let me video tape him while singing his song...Not to mention him taking off his shirt mid song! :)
Post a Comment