Since Taste Test Tuesday is going to be on hiatus for awhile, I thought I would come up with some other regular things I could blog about. So, here's some of the ideas that I have been thinking about:1. Grocery Tip Tuesday- Judging from the reaction we're getting from our budget, some of you are wondering how we can keep our food budget so low. No...it's not because I just buy 50 cans of Spagettios a week!! I thought it would be fun to blog about some of the tips I've learned along the way that keep our grocery budget down. I am by no means an expert in this area so please don't think that I think I am, but I usually am able to save about 50% each time I go to the store.
2. Wonderful Website Wednesdays- I love to visit different websites so I have got quite a collection of regular websites that I frequent. I thought it would be fun to share those with you and why I like them so much!
3. Continue with the decluttering until the job is done!! I only have our loft left and I would like to tackle the toy box while I'm at it....doesn't that sound cool? Yeah right. (Image in my mind right now is Preston crying as I donate all of his toys.....) Can you tell I'm sick of the clutter?
4. Continue with the monthly budget updates so that you guys can see how we're doing! If we keep doing good, you can bum some money off of us....if things go south, we may be moving in with you!!
5. When the time gets closer, I expect to be putting up lots of new pictures of our newest addition. So, hope you don't mind if I use the blog to show of our (hopefully) cute kid. If there are no pictures for about a month after he's born, you have my permission to think that maybe he didn't turn out too cute! KIDDING!!
6. I also want to do a post on making your own baby food. No...not because I'm Mother Earth, but because I'm Mother of Cheapness!! And I know I have lots of friends who are having their new babies in the coming months and this is a great way to save a few bucks. I have a lot of great recipes that Preston really enjoyed and didn't spit at us!
4 comments:
i vote for grocery tips and cute baby pictures!! :)
and i, too, am a mother of cheapness who never (ok... rarely...) fed her baby store bought baby food. i just can't fathom spending all that money when you just don't have to!!!
(although, i am very excited to be done making baby food for awhile)
My cheapness has extended into the realm of baby food though! I bought 9 jars of baby food at Meijer for.......FREEE!!!! I love coupons. But yeah, I love making my own just because it's a chance to cook stuff that I would never eat! Hehe.
ugh!! you AMAZE me! that's why you need to share your grocery shopping tips! they may not help me up here in amish country, but it'd be worth a shot!
speaking of amish country, i made a dish last night inspired by your fave--- the essenhaus! after i was done eating, it crossed my mind that i should have taken pictures for your taste test tuesday. oh well... live and learn! :)
I'm planning on making baby food too, so I'd love to hear your tips? Did you end up doing cloth diapers at all?
Post a Comment