
I can't believe it's already the end of the month! Time to go over how we did on our budget. I figured as the months would go on, we would get a little bit more lazy as time went by and start overspending. Was I right? Well, kinda. :) But hey, what's the point of tracking it if we do everything perfect?
So, here's our big budget categories that we have really been keeping an eye on. I figure you're not interested too much in our utilities or our mortgage. :)
Miscellaneous: Goal is $96 a month: We actually spent about $91 dollars over that amount. This is one fund that I really need to increase, but I'm not sure where to take it away from to get to that point. I think the problem is that this is the catch all for everything that doesn't fit into another category so it tends to get a lot of use!
Grocery: Goal is $200 a month: Under by $32 dollars: Not sure how this happened, but I guess because I hate taking Preston to the grocery store so much, it helps me to not go myself too much. :) Also, my parents were here for the weekend and they tend to spoil us while they are here. Thanks Mom and Dad! Also, we have been eating out a little bit more because I haven't felt like cooking too much! I'm too big to fit in the kitchen!!
Dining Out: Goal is $200 a month: Under by $40 dollars: This savings of money I can only credit to our Nazi use of coupons! We really do let the coupons dictate where we go out to eat. We usually can spend under $10 for all 3 of us to eat out. I get a lot of my coupons from the annoying fliers you get in your mailbox. But I go through them religiously and pull out anything that might interest us. Also this month, we got a free sub coupon from Quizno's and Penn Station and a free roast burger from Arby's. Every little bit helps. I find these free coupons by getting on the restaurants mailing list with my junk email account.
Entertainment: Goal is $50 a month: Under by $8 dollars: Well we definitely did more with the entertainment fund this month than last month. It ended up being a good amount for us!
So, all in all, I'm really happy about where we have ended up! It probably helps that this month is a shorter month though. I'm really interested to see how the budget will change once Owen decides to make his appearance. Not like he eats Arby's or anything, but I know there are always unexpected expenses with the babies! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment