Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Taste Test Tuesday- Can Betty Crocker Save Me?


For the past 2 months, I have been having a strange craving for those big sugar cookies with M & M's that you can get at the mall for like $10 a piece. So, I thought being the frugal gal that I am, I could easily recreate them and be happy!
I had my first attempt a few weeks ago, and I don't even know what happened!! I am usually pretty good at cookies, but these were the worst looking bunch of cookies I had ever made! You know when the cookies spread and become paper thin? Yeah, that's what these looked like! I will say that Wes and I still ate them, but they were far from what I was wanting. A friend suggested I just try the Sugar Cookies from Betty Crocker and put M &M's on them. So, here's how that turned out:

I did two different types, one with the M & M's on top and some with them just in the batter. The ones with the candy on top turned out better, but they weren't exactly what I was hoping for. I may just have to shell about $1.50 for a cookie and get it over with!! If you have a recipe that might work for me....let me know!!
On a final note: The funny thing about this cookie obsession is that the M & M's give me terrible heartburn! I don't know why! So, everytime I eat one, it's a sacrifice for my unborn child. Oh fine, not too much of a sacrifice! :)

2 comments:

Keith, Rebecca, Alexis and Katelyn said...

I have the BEST cookie recipe for you that has M&M's, chocolate chips, and oatmeal! Takes care of all the cravings in one shot!

The Cooks said...

Send it to me QUICK!!!