Hey guys! Hello from Florida. Wow, it is so nice down here! The weather has just been beautiful. Not too hot where I want to go and throw myself in the ocean any chance I get. Nope, just nice and warm.
Things are going pretty well down here. Chuck did have a minor setback this week. He had chemo on Monday like planned but by Monday night, he was having chest pains and weird arythmias (can you tell I have been listening??) so Sara took him to the ER that night. The docs decided to do an EKG and keep him overnight. And then they decided to keep him a second night! Why? We're still not real sure! I think it was so that I could come and make fun of Chuck in his gown. Hehe.
Now that the results are back and Chuck is home from the hospital, it looks like the chemo drug that Chuck was on was causing the problems with his heart. In order to avoid anymore damage, they are going to put him on a different chemo drug starting next time. So, it is a minor setback, but we are thankful to God that it was nothing more than that!
Chuck and Sara have been wonderful hosts. I have been able to really relax and enjoy myself which I wasn't sure if I would be able to do. It's so nice to have a long stretch of time to be with family that you don't get to see very often. It reminds me how special they both are to me!
From what I have heard, things are okay on the home front! Wes is holding the fort down like a champ. He has had to endure some schenanigans from what I hear! Preston decided it would be fun to stuff a piece of rubber from a Koosh ball up his nose!! Wes couldn't figure out at first why he was crying and saying "My nose...my nose!!" Ahhh....so dramatic. But Wes was able to save the day.
Since I'm gone, Wes has let Preston play the Wii at night which is a "daddy" thing. I don't think I could ever get anything done in the house if I had to play the Wii with Preston all of the time. Well, last night Preston was playing Wii bowling and he got 7 out of 10 strikes and ended up with a 201 score. So, we've decided to enroll him in bowling lessons and bowling camp this summer and maybe a bowling boarding school or something. We will profit from this somehow!!! :) Okay, just kidding. I needed to say that just in case someone took me seriously!
Well, I'm looking forward to seeing you all again soon!
1 comment:
It was amazing. His first 4 frames were strikes. Then he got a 1 and a 7 (he was just as happy to get the 1 as a strike. It was nice to see that he was still just having a good time and not getting caught up in all the strikes like I was!) :) He then got a 9 and then 3 more strikes in a row. It was really cool to watch him playing. He has a nice spin on each ball too. I may try to bowl like him next time and see if I can do better! :)
Post a Comment