Yup, that's right. You read dinner disaster. Let me start at the beginning. First of all, remember how I loved the idea of those little spices? Well they ruined my dinner!! I made everything as the recipe stated and was so excited to try it.
All I could taste was the thyme. Where does thyme even come from?? Because it needs to be banned. I don't like it! Ok, I would have liked a little bit of it, but for some reason, each spice had it's own little container but thyme had two!! I made sure on the recipe that this was right and it was. I was nervous, but I threw it in anyway.
Well, I should have left it out. The flank steak was like eating spiced up thyme leather. Mmmm......right? Not so much. Can you tell I'm disappointed? At least I got a Amazon gift card for doing it. That kinda makes me feel a little better. I'm also glad that I didn't even offer this one to the kids! They were straight at peanut butter.
I am not going to shun all of the other McCormick Recipe creations though. I might try the one with the Roasted chicken and Rosemary potatoes....but if they cross me, you better watch out!!
Hope your dinners tasted better than mine!!
2 comments:
You should have called me. We have banned thyme at work because it is such a strong spice and it ruins our food. If we do add it, we only add 1/4 of what it calls for. So sad...off to McDonalds?
It's Time for a Thyme boycott! Ate the side dishes then I had some Chips and homemade salsa that Stacy made. Now that is some good stuff!
Post a Comment