Tuesday, May 12, 2009

You can say that again.....and again and again

Preston is going through this new phase which I have to admit can be highly annoying! The repeater stage! He will say he wants something and then he repeats himself a million times like we didn't hear him the first time. Here's an example from last night while we were in the car....

Preston: I hunnry....
Stacy: You had a lot of snacks tonight at Bible study so the only thing you can have when we get home is an orange.
Preston: Ok! I want orange.
Preston: I want orange.
Preston: I want orange.
Preston: I want orange.
Preston: I want orange.
Preston: I want orange.
Stacy: We will get you an orange when we get home.
Preston: I want orange.
Preston: I want orange.
Preston: I want orange.
Wes: Preston, we hear you and you can have an orange when we get home but you need to stop asking.
Preston: I want orange.
Preston: I want orange.
Wes: Preston! Stop asking and you can have one at home!

Then in a quiet voice we hear I want orange, I want orange, I want orange. It was like he had no control over what was coming out of his mouth! At this point, Wes and I secretly started laughing because the kid just couldn't stop saying it! I'm glad that he is learning language but sometimes I wish I had a piece of masking tape for his mouth!! And yes, he did repeat himself all the way home. Don't you wish you were in the car with us????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was very funny! After we said "PRESTON! YOU CAN HAVE AN ORANGE AT HOME!" He was like..."Okay...I want Orange. I want Orange.") Got to be one of the cutest, funniest, most annoying things he has done lately! :) - Wes