Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Update on the Fam!

When I take pictures these days of my two boys, it's a lot more out of control! I'm constantly saying smile, don't drop your brother, don't pick your nose...etc. That's why I am glad when I do get pictures that are cute. Here's some I took in the last few weeks:








If you're wondering about Owen's strange blanket, it's been a lifesaver for both of our kids. Its a SwaddleMe blanket and our boys hate it! But we love it! You can wrap the kids in it and then they are unable to get their hands and arms out....sounds mean, but when your baby can't control his hands and keeps scratching and hitting himself in the face, this helps a lot! I've had two active mover babies and this has definitely slowed them down enough to get good rest.

These days Owen is heading towards sleeping through the night but he's not there yet. Last night he slept from 11:45 to 630 but other nights he still wakes up once a night. I'm just glad it's once a night only. Could be worse!

His personality is finally starting to show and it makes me laugh. I thought Preston was "our sensitive soul" but now he is being replaced by Owen. Owen has had his feelings hurt numerous times lately and it just cracks us up! He looks sooooo sad and cries like his heart is broken. We're not sure, but we think he might be scared of Wes' gotee. Poor guy. I know my sisters are reading this thinking, Oh great..not another crybaby like Stacy was!! I really was. I could get my feelings hurt so quickly. I've toughened up since then (at least I like to think so). He is also cooing and smiling and we are loving that! He's our little cutey Owie!

Preston is enjoying his new bounce house that we got him for Christmas. We were finally able to get it out of the box and he loves it. I love it because it works off some excess energy!! He is also talking non stop! Yesterday my mom and I heard two military helicopters go over the house and Preston came running in and he was talking a mile a minute because he was so excited!! Sound familiar?? Just like his daddy!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boys are cute! Owen is reminding of what I think that Halley (sp) looks like! He is growing fast! We need to get together soon, so we see him before he is one! LOL! Kelly