Anyway, I loved these little Mini Muffins from Hostess and for a few years in a row, Lindsay and I would get these as our birthday treats. We loved them even though, looking back they were the biggest jip in the world! They would only have 4-5 mini muffins in the packages and 4 total packages in the box and they were like $4 a box!! But we loved them, so we kept buying them.
Well, I was pleasantly surprised when I made this new muffin recipe because they brought me back to my mini-muffin days! They're not exact, but they are in the same spirit as our birthday treat.
I like this recipe because it is so simple that I can whip it up in the morning and they are done in about 15 minutes! And not to mention, they are super cute.
Ingredients:
1 egg
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup applesauce
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 oz. light sour cream
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add sugar, oil, applesauce, vanilla, salt and sour cream, mixing well. All at one time, add flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Stir until all is moistened and slightly lumpy. DO NOT OVERMIX!! Pour into oiled mini muffin tin and bake at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes.
Makes 24 mini muffins
I think he likes them!!
1 comment:
I'm suprised Owen can fit all 4 muffins in his mouth at one time! :) That's what it looks like in the picture!
Post a Comment