Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Happenings.....

Now that the weather has changed, it seems as if life has begun again. I always appreciate Spring so much because Winter can kind of take it out of you.




The kids have been having a great time playing outside and going to the park. We even had a picnic at the park. It was surprisingly really fun. For some reason, Preston ate better at the park than he does at home. Must be the incentive of having some fun playtime if he eats.

We have been busy busy busy selling our black Avalon and getting a new car. The Avalon was a great car but it started having problems that could cost us up to $3300 to fix. Not really worth it for a car that had 180,000 miles on it. So, Wes worked his craigslist magic and sold it to an African guy who bought it for $4250. He said he buys them and then fixes them and ships them back over to Africa!! Wow, not really where I expected the car to be going.

We just found a car to replace the Avalon this week. It's a Nissan Sentra 2004 that Wes got for about $3600. It's got kinda high miles (125,000) but it is immaculate so we're hoping it can take him well over 200,000. Here it is. We were glad though that by the time we pay taxes and title on it, we will have broke even. We thank God for this blessing!



The middle of May, I'm going to be going to Chuck and Sara's for a week to help out. I was so blessed because my friends have all stepped up to take the kids during the day so that I am able to do this. It makes me want to cry to think about all of these people I have in my life who are willing to help out. You guys are great and I feel tremendously lucky!

Owen just got put on another antibiotic because he has an ear infection that he just can't kick. They said if this drug doesn't help, he's off to get tubes. :( Following in his mother and brother's footsteps I guess. We do have a wonderful ENT though who I feel completely comfortable with so if he does have to get tubes, I won't stress. I will just be glad to get my son back to feeling better!

Well, that's all the happenings for now. Hope everyone else is doing wonderful and enjoying the weather!

No comments: