Friday, April 30, 2010

Gardening: The lazy man's way

Hello all. I know it has been a while since I have written! Sorry about that! Things have been kinda busy around these parts. I have had a chance to reconnect with some old friends and have really enjoyed spending time with them. I found out that one of my friends from AU in the Registrar's Office lives 5 minutes down the street from me now! How cool is that?
We have also been busy starting our "Square Foot Garden." You can kind of see it in the background of the pictures. It's just a simple wooden garden box that we built. We put a grid on the top that divides the box into 16 different parts and we planted different vegetables and herbs into each part. This is a first for us so we are excited to see if it turn out for us! So far, it has been really easy work. No roto-tilling, no digging, you just fill the box with new dirt and it stays above ground. My kinda garden.
I still have nightmares about pulling weeds at Nana's house in MI in her garden. Yikes!! (Love you Nana!!)
This weekend we are headed up to Saugutuck MI with 3 other couples our age from our small group at church. We have rented a house by Lake Michigan to spend the weekend at. I am so ready to get away! Wes' parents are going to be watching the kids while we are gone so that should be fun for them (or at least I'm hoping!!) I can't wait to have a weekend of adult conversation where I get to sleep in maybe past 7:30. Yahoo!!
Owen has started pulling up to his feet which is exciting! I'm glad to see some progress so I don't have to get worried that he isn't progressing. 14 months though and not walking seems weird to me. But I know, I know, all babies do it on their own time. My baby just happens to be really slow. He is also finally getting some new teeth. So no more dreams about me taking care of our lame 30 year old son who is practically toothless. Ohhhhh....don't get mad!! I'm totally kidding!!



Have a great weekend everybody!!

1 comment: