As you can see, the kids took over while I was gone and ruled the roost! Okay, not really but I'm sure Preston thought he was in charge!
Daddy looks like he could use some rest!
Some good ole bonding time with Daddy!
Look they're both still in one piece!Well, I'm back from my trip to Florida and I don't mean to brag, but it was woooonderful!! The weather was awesome and being at my sister's is like being at a resort! Chuck and Sara took us out on their new boat twice, once for a "sunset cruise" and once to go tubing! They really do have a slice of paradise down there. Feel free to go and visit them....tell them I sent you!! :) We also spent two fun-filled days at Universal Studios where we rode lots of rides and even got my dad on a few coasters accidentally!! (He gets sick on coasters!) We had a great time!
Back here on the homefront, Wes said things went really well! Owen decided he loved his daddy more than his mommy and started sleeping from 9:30pm to 7:30am each night!! So, no middle of the night Daddy duty for Wes. What a lucky duck! They also had way more fun than they usually have with me.....they went to the park, to the pool twice, to Caleb and Maya's twice, to the playground at the outdooor mall, and to the playground at the indoor mall!! And I was only gone 4 days!! How am I going to keep up with that people??
My heart just melted when I heard Wes say two things:
1). "I really didn't understand why you always want to go to bed at 10 or 10:30pm until I was here and I realized that you're just worn out by the end of the day." Amen brother.
2.) "I tried to clean up right before you got home but then the boy's woke up from their naps and messed the place up again." Another amen! I feel like I'm always saying this to Wes when he gets home from work.
So, the trip was a wonderful success and Wes did wonderful just like I knew he would! Time to plan my next trip, right?????
4 comments:
I dig the goatee, Wee-Man!
take me with you next time!!! :)
i'm glad you had fun-- and i'm glad your boys had fun together! sounds like it was a good time for everyone.
I'm so glad you had fun Stace! We were totally going to call Wes on Saturday and then we ended up helping some friends move and that took a lot of the weekend. But welcome back! Let me know when you guys want to get together.
I am already exhausted just thinking about the life of parenthood. If I can get away every now and then like you did I will be so much more relaxed. Thanks for giving Stacy a break Wes!
Post a Comment