Preston has become a tiny chatter box in about the last 6 months. When Mike and Mandy went with us to the fair, Preston chattered the whole way there and Mandy said, "Does he always talk this much?" and I had to laugh because I guess sometimes I tune him out! I didn't even realize he was talking.
Anyway, you think when they start to talk you will be able to carry on intelligable conversations with each other. Sometimes this is the case....sometimes it is not. Today at breakfast for instant:
Preston: My waffles are dirty!
Stacy: Why are your waffles dirty?
Preston: Because I can't!
Stacy: But why are your waffles dirty?
Preston: Because I can't!
This went on for a while and I'm thinking why is he saying this? Then I realize he has finally figured out his waffles are whole-grain!! He is used to getting eggos but I got some good coupons for Kashi whole grain waffles so I got about 6 boxes of those and we're on the last box and he has finally realized that his waffles look different!! They look dirty. Eyyayaya!!! How do you reason with a 2 year old? You don't!! So, he refused to eat his waffles because they were dirty so I told him no food till lunch. If any of you gets some calls from Preston requesting snacks, please kindly decline!
No comments:
Post a Comment