I was thinking today how nice it is that kids have grandparents!! I think grandparents are the best advocates for little kids. When mommy or daddy are too hard on the kids, grandma or grandpa can make little junior feel all better!
Here's an example from today that made me laugh. This weekend Wes and I bought Preston a Little Einsteins rocket for his birthday. Well, I hadn't put it away and then all of the sudden this morning while I was on the phone with my mom I heard Preston playing with the rocket! I ran over there and took it away really fast and Preston started crying. Then my mom said "Well, you could let him play with it for a little bit and then take it away!" Hello?? Am I hearing correctly??? Is this from the same person who punished me for opening my presents before Christmas?? I think once a grandchild is born, our parent's hearts turn to a big ball of mush. No more rules, just fun!
Then I started thinking about funny things grandparents say and I decided it deserved a list. Now if you have more to add to this, please leave them in the comments area so we can all get a good laugh! Now, I won't identify who said what in order to protect the innocent.
Funny things I have heard Grandparents say:
-Oh, the baby is crying? He must be hungry!
-I just think that _____ is so smart!! I think he might even be a genius.
-I have a new nickname for your kid: PIC- Preston in Charge!
-He's not fat, he's just stocky!
-What he needs is more peanut butter and jelly to fatten him up.
-You just need to let him cry it out (first moment that baby starts crying, grandma jumps up to go grab him.)
-Oh he's misbehaving?? He must be teething.
-Now, you know, that larger boned kids need more food.
-He will potty when he's ready.
-He won't potty until you make him. (I feel like I'm getting mixed signals!!)
-I pottytrained my child in 1 day. I just told him "Don't ever go in your pants again!" and he didn't.
-Oh, it must be allergies that are making him act so terrible!
-You don't have the money to get him that? Well, then grandma will get it for him! (Now this one I kind of like!)
-You know when I grew up, I used to eat sugar sandwiches so if he doesn't eat his veggies, don't worry!!
-After a grandparent has babysat: He behaved like a perfect angel. (I have found this is the biggest whopper in the book!).
-Your baby looks just like our family!!
I would love to hear some other funny things that you all have heard from the grandparents. I just love 'em!!!
2 comments:
my favorite grandparent statement so far-- not from my parents, but a story i heard from my supervisor. her 3-year old son went to spend the week in iowa with her parents. she called one evening to see how things were going and as they were talking, her mom stopped to say "caden, no jumping on the couch until AFTER you are done with your candy!!" oh my.....
"He napped great today. He just slept in my arms because I didn't have anything else to do."
Post a Comment