My Two Wonderful Boys!!
Hello! Sorry I have been so absent this past week. I can tell you that having two kids is a lot busier than I ever anticipated!! The bad thing is my mom is still here and so I have help and I am still feeling a little overwhelmed! Having my mom here though has been such a blessing! I think I would have lost my mind without her! Also, Wes got to take a week off which was great, but the time went so fast! Owen is now a week old and he is doing pretty well! He has his nights and his days mixed up which has made things pretty difficult during the nights! He decides after his feedings at night that he doesn't want to go to sleep and so everytime I put him down, he just howls! It's hard because I don't want to wake up Wes and the whole rest of the house so I just pick him up and hold him. Last night he woke up at 4am to eat and didn't go back down until 8am!! If I ever thought I was going to lose my mind, it was last night. I just don't do well with staying awake in the middle of the night. I loooove my sleep!
Also yesterday, Owen ate what seemed like all day long! If I have ever felt like I was a cow, it was yesterday! He just never seemed satisfied! But today he is back on track and is sleeping and eating like normal, so I'm glad to get a rest! I think I am glad to know that things will eventually get better. I don't think I could do this for months and months on end. I like knowing that eventually he will get into a routine and also start sleeping more at night. It's that thought that keeps me going!
Preston has also been having a difficult time the past two days. I think we are starting to see evidence of him not really wanting to lose being the center of attention. He has been kinda whiney and just seems to crave more attention. I know that this is totally normal so I'm not worried. But he has been great to just interact with when I'm needing to laugh or relax. He really has a great spirit and brings so much to our family! So, that's the update for now!
Hope all is well with everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment