Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Grocery Tip Tuesday- Internet Coupons


As I alluded to last week, coupons are defnitely the way to save money...but internet coupons are where it's at!! I have cut coupons from fliers for about 5 years but it hasn't been until about a year ago that I saw significant savings due to finding more internet coupons. These coupons tend to be higher dollar and also tend to make you buy only one item. Also you can usually print two of these coupons at a time in order to increase your savings on things you normally buy!


There are a few downfalls to using internet coupons, but I think they are still worth it:

1. You have to use printer paper and ink to print them.

2. You have to check your store's coupon policy for internet coupons. Some stores have weird rules. I have had no problem at Meijer, Kroger or Marsh using internet coupons.

3. They take more time to locate than just having to cut out coupons from your Sunday paper.

Even with these downfalls, I still think that these coupons are great! Wes and I have been living off of free toilet paper for the last two months due to internet coupons that doubled and gave us free tp!! Gotta love that! We also are enjoying free diapers due to a great printable coupons for $5 dollars off Huggies. My mom paired these coupons with a sale from Walgreens to get us two packs of diapers and a big thing of wipes for $1.99 out of pocket!! Do that a couple times and you're set for a while!

Here are the places that I go to get my internet coupons:


http://www.meijer.com/ (go to Meijer Mealbox and they have coupons especially for use at Meijer)

http://www.cellfire.com/ (these are loadable coupons that you can load onto your Kroger loyalty card)

http://www.kroger.com/ (you can also get loadable coupons here for Kroger)


http://www.moneysavingmom.com/ (the girl who runs this site gives you links to coupons and tells you how much you can get products for after coupons.)
http://www.target.com/ (they have their own set of coupons under grocery coupons and these are great because you can use a target coupon and a manufacturer's coupon at the same time to save more!)

*When you go to coupons.com or redplum.com, you can print a coupon and then if you hit your back button once or twice then it will print the coupon a second time.

I have also signed up for the following emails because they have printable coupons on their site if you sign up:

Betty Crocker
Eat Better America (General Mills)
Campbells
Home Made Simple (Proctor & Gamble)

I use my junk email for these so that my good email address doesn't get a lot of spam in it.

I'm sure that there are good sites that I'm forgetting or that I haven't heard of so please feel free to put good sites in the comment section so we can all get some good coupons!!

No comments: