Monday, December 15, 2008
A Lazy Woman's Christmas Card
I decided today that we're not going to send out Christmas cards this year. I love getting them from others, but I think I'm going to wait until our new baby is here and then send out a picture of the whole family! But, I figured it's been a while since I've updated everyone on what's going on over in our neck of the woods so here goes!
Baby Cook- He is doing so great. He is kicking and moving a lot! I'm getting bigger and bigger everyday and starting to feel uncomfortable. And I still have a ways to go...... I found out that I was slightly anemic at my last appt. so I've been trying to eat more red meat and also taking iron supplements. I guess it's a good excuse to get Wes to take me to Logan's Roadhouse! Baby Cook's due date is still March 11th and we are looking so forward to it! Maybe not the birth part, but at least from after that point on! And no....still no name. Thanks for all who participated in the poll, but Wes is not ready to commit yet.....hopefully by March 11th!!
Preston- He continues to be a combination of funniness, naughtiness and cuteness all rolled in one. Winter has been really boring for us since there is not much we can do except go shopping or do stuff like that! He also has become severely independent this past month. He feels that he is too old to sit in a high chair or booster seat, he doesn't think the carseat applies to him anymore and he also wants to walk everywhere we go instead of going in the stroller or cart. Now you can understand why we never leave the house!
But he is talking a lot more, which is fun. He loves Christmas lights and riding on Wes' back like he is on a horse. He even says Ye-haw. He also has developed a love affair for trains and will go around the house saying "Toot, Toot, All Aboard!!" The greatest thing he has done lately is staying in his big boy bed. The transition was way less painful than what I expected. He still waits for us to get him out of the bed in the morning. It's pretty cute.
Wes and I- Wes and I volunteered at our church to flip pancakes for the meeting they were having and everyone was so impressed how creative Wes' pancakes were. Mine on the other hand were not so good. Oops. Maybe I need a Taste Test Tuesday on how to actually flip pancakes! We are in a Bible study on Monday nights and then we joined a small group at our new church that meets every other Friday night. We have had a lot of fun at both of these.
We also continue to pray for Wes' job as times are a little scary right now. They laid off 30 people at his work last week, but we're hoping they are done for awhile. There is a lot of employees (200-300) but it's still a little scary! We do know that God is in control and that is what keeps our attitudes up.
We are hosting all of my family at our house this Christmas which we are really excited about. All of us should be there, which is a first in a long time!
Well I will be writing more before Christmas, but in lieu of a Christmas card....here you go!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment