Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Applesauce- Cinnamon Ornaments- Taste Test Tuesday

Ho ho ho!! Merry almost Christmas! For today's Taste Test Tuesday, we are making a treat that I guess you could say is edible, but the purpose is to make your house smell wonderful, like a Christmas wonderland!!
Here's the cast of characters:

The Recipe: Applesauce Cinnamon Ornaments (froms COOKS.COM)
1 c. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. allspice
1 tsp. ground cloves
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 c. applesauce

Mix dry ingredients. Add applesauce a little at a time. Mixture should have the same consistency of playdough. If too dry, add 1-2 tablespoons of applesauce. Roll 1/4 inch thick on ungreased surface. If too sticky, sprinkle with ground cinnamon. Cut with cookie cutters. Place on level surface to dry 4-5 days. Insert fine wire at top of ornament before drying. Tie with ribbon. Yield 2 dozen.

Today I had a little helper elf in the kitchen.


Here's the mixture before you add the applesauce.


Here's the mixture before you roll it out. I wasn't really good at measuring out the applesauce, I kinda just eyed it. But you want it to be pretty firm so you can roll it out.

Here's what the mixture looks like all rolled out.

Preston did a pretty good job at his first run as chef in the kitchen. We did Gingerbread Men as our cookie cutter and unfortunately there were many legs and arms that were amputated by the little blond boy. I tried to save some, but I couldn't save them all!


They smell so good when you're finished...I just love them! Enjoy!

No comments: