Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Trip to the funny farm

Spring has sprung at the Creech farm!  We hadn't been out to my sister/parents farm in 3 weeks due to vacation and then a week of the flu that took down everyone but me.  Poor Preston missed 4 days of school and threw up about 30 times!  His classmates wrote him get well cards...it was so sweet!!  Once we were finally healthy we went to visit the new babies...the lambs!

 Cameron was a little bit unsure at first!

 It didn't take long for them to become best buddies!

 It also took about 2 seconds flat for Preston to ask if we could have one at home!  I thought they were so cute that I would love to but I think we're not allowed if we live in the city.  I'm sure our neighbors would LOVE us!!!

 Owen has been talking about these lambs all winter and how he will be their shepherd.  He even told the teachers at preschool who thought he was making it all up.  He says he wants to be like David!
 
 Here's the boys on the farm side of the property where a creek is getting pretty full from all the rain water.  My dad is poking Preston on the head with a stick but Preston had no idea he was up there and didn't feel a thing.  Hard-headed, I say!

 King of the mountain!
This is also about 90 seconds before Owen ends up falling over into the creek and his fun is over.  He ended up sitting on the edge of the creek with me in just his skivies.

 "Now that Owen is out of the way, I will fill his boots with water!! (cue evil laugh!)"

 Back at the house, the babies needed to be fed.  I am a pro bottle feeder by now so I fed this one.  I did end up spraying milk in my face which doesn't normal happen when I feed humans!

Here's the King of the Mountain before he was dethroned and stripped of all but his underwear.

The kids have so much fun over at the farm!  We are so grateful to Sara and my parents for allowing us to take part in this adventure without having to do a lot of the work!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun at the farm! The boys' boots are so cute. Sounds like they experienced real life there...some "mountain top experiences" as well as the valleys, including water in the boots. Thanks, Stacy, for writing! --Aunt Miriam

Anonymous said...

Miss your updates!