Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Day 2 of potty training


Well, I am just so excited about the progress that Owen has made that I can't help but brag about him for a little bit!  He has FAR surpassed my expectations when it comes to this potty-training thing which kinda makes me sad because I don't like to think that I underestimate my own kids!  Last night I took a chance and put him in underwear all night and he stayed dry!  Then this morning he peed by himself on the potty before we took Preston to school.  I am still letting him run around with only a shirt on and no bottom and that seems to be working great.  The one time I did put him in underwear was this morning on the way to preschool.  He was dry when I got him out of the car but then when we got inside, he was all wet!  I guess the garage must be a comforting place to go! ;)  As of tonight, he didn't have any more accidents and stayed dry even when I put him in a diaper when he went over to Aunt Mandy's house for his nap while we closed on the house.  He also went #2 on the potty all by himself without even warning me that's what he was doing.  I can't believe how exciting this has been for me!  I guess it's the thought that I might be back to one kid in diapers in the very near future!  I guess it's true what they say: when the kids are ready, they will do it.  Okay, I'm done bragging on him now but I wanted to give an update! 

Also we are now renters in our own house!  How weird is that?  We have a lot to be thankful around here.

Goodnight all! 

1 comment:

Bethany Rielage said...

Glad to hear that things are going so well!