Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Bloglettes

I have so many things that I would love to share on here, but they are just little snippetts of life around here and not enough to make up a full blog...so now I have coined a new term.  Bloglettes!  Little baby blogs all put into one blog, so here goes.

~Yesterday I was at Target buying a necklace and earrings and I was in the checkout with a checker woman who looked to be a little younger than my grandparents.  She was so cute in how she checked us out; she had to say everything aloud so that she knew that she was doing everything right.  Well, she got to my neckalace and earrings and said "oh I have something perfect for this in my bag!"  Lo and behold, she pulls out an old cereal bag that she has brought from home and proceeds to put my jewelry into the bag.  "See, now it wont get lost in your bag.  I just love to recycle!"  I had to stifle laughter when she was doing it, but my mom and I got a good laugh out of it when we got to the parking lot.  I'm pretty sure that her boss didn't see her pulling out things from home to give to people.  It was so cute!  I did check to see if there was any cereal left in the bottom of the bag, but alas, it was empty.

~The other day, I pulled up in front of the preschool that Preston goes to a little bit early.  I was right in front of their playground and I was excited to see that the kids were still outside playing.  I tried to find Preston but I couldn't find him until I saw him sandwiched between two little girls.  Then it was time for all the kids to line up and all of the sudden those two girls start pushing each other in order to be the one standing closer in the line to Preston.  It was intense!  I thought they might start pulling hair!  The poor girls ended up losing their sticker for the day, all because of their little fight.  I asked Preston about it later and in typical boy style, he just says "they just both love to be by me, I don't know why."  I think it's cute, but I really don't want Preston to be one of those kids who has a "girlfriend" all the time.  There will be plenty of time for that when he turns 40.

~Potty training is still going great.  Owen has been staying dry at night and has been taking himself to the bathroom whenever he needs to go.  The one I expected to be the hardest ended up being the easiest.  He does pee in his pants about once a day when he is too busy to stop playing, but I would much rather throw wet clothes in the wash than have to change his diaper all day!   Okay I promise this will be the last time I mention it, I'm just so excited!

~Cameron has turned into quite a handful and is very reminiscent of his older brother Owen at this age.  He LOVES to scream when he doesn't get what he wants, when he sees someone besides himself eating, or any other time for that matter.  I thought I was over the trauma from when Owen was like this, but I guess not.  I am driven CRAZY by it.  The only saving grace is knowing that just as with Owen, it will be with Cameron; just a phase.  Other than the screaming, Camerons still just has his two little bottom teeth, but the way he eats, you would say that he has all of them!  He outeats both of his brothers at every meal.  I am amazed at how much food Cam can put away.  We thought he was going to be skinny like Preston but maybe not!  When food is out of sight, he is a delight.  When food is in sight, you better watch your back!

In the next week or so, I want to tell you more about our future plans and also give you an update on how my sister Sara is doing.  Stay tuned!

No comments: