Wow, it's been a while since I posted on here. My apologies. It's not for lack of wanting to, it's more that life just got busy and before I knew it, it had been a month since I posted! Well, for the good news, we sold our house! We accepted an offer the end of February and were supposed to close last week but things got held up so now we are closing 2 weeks late! At this point, I don't really care as long as the buyers are solid (which they are). We were able to get pretty close to what we were hoping for out of the house. I think when we put it up for sale we said X is our bottom dollar and it ended up being $1000 above that once we paid all the realtor fees and closing costs, etc. So we are counting ourselves very blessed considering the current housing market. We also will be staying in the Noblesville house until June 30th because the new owners have a lease they can't get out of until then so they are renting it back to us for 3 months. That will give us some more pooltime and friend time!
We just got done with spring break. The first part of spring break was pretty rough because Preston was begging to go to school and was so bored. Wednesday we left for the farm and were out there until Sunday. The kids loved getting to see the chickens and "their dog," BJ. They still claimed to be bored at times but we got the playroom in the farmhouse all nice and kid friendly and they seemed to have a good time. Friday Wes took the day off so we went exploring. We went to Brownsburg and Avon and then stopped and got some ice cream at the local dairy bar. If I could figure out how to afford living with neither one of us having a job, I would do it! I love hanging out with Wes and the kids together. We also had a bonfire. I wouldn't call it a good one because we didn't realize that when you put wet logs a fire all you get is a bunch of smoke! I know...we are wilderness losers.
My parents came this weekend and then we had the huge project of getting 42 trees planted for the orchard. I wasn't there for about half the time but everyone there worked their tails off! Mike and Jashawn came from Noblesville to help out too which was so nice! It took about 9-10 hours to dig all of the holes and plant all of the trees. I would be lying if I said that this is the kind of work I love doing. I kept having to tell myself FREE APPLES! FREE PEARS!! FREE CHERRIES!! You know how I love free. Well, I guess the trees weren't free, but you get the idea!
Our neighbor at the farm is an old farmer who used to own the land that Sara now owns. He came over and took the two boys out on his 4-wheeler. They had SO much fun! Preston kept saying "I need to do that again!!" Maybe someday we can get our own 4-wheeler.
Easter Sunday we tried out a new church in Avon that we really liked and then we headed for Anderson. It was about an hour and 15 minute drive from Avon. It's always nice to see Wes' side of the family and makes me wish we got up there more often!
I know I keep promising pictures and I never deliver! I take them on my sister's camera and then I always run out of time and don't get around to emailing them to myself! Sorry about that! Hope everyone else had a wonderful Easter celebrating the wonderful gift of Jesus!
1 comment:
Congratulations on the SOLD news! That sounds like God's stamp of approval. I have a friend in Avon, so I'll have to check out your property!
Love, Aunt Miriam
Post a Comment