Friday, September 2, 2011

MRI Results are in!

The Medical Stuff:

The MRI results are back and they showed no abnormalities! That is a huge answer to prayer as this means he definitely did not have a aneuyrsm that they would have to worry about in the near future. It did show that there is still some blood present on the brain but that some of it has already been absorbed by the body. According to the doctors, the chance of this (I can't even remember the name of it...all I can think is subatomic hemmorage, but I know that's not right!) occurring to Chad again is at no greater risk that it happenning to you or I. Praise the Lord!

We are not out of the woods yet as this weekend and a few days after will be key to his recovery. In a normal recovery from this, the brain has spasms at it recovers. These can be minor or they can cause a stroke. This would obviously be worst case scenario. The nurses said that they have some patients that do have the spasms but then others that do not have spasms at all. We pray that Chad will not have any severe spasms and is able to continue in his recovery.

Chad's state of mind:

I know I mentioned a few days ago that Chad would have to be flat on his back for about 7-10 days, but this isn't the case anymore. He is able to sit up and eat whenever he feels the need. He is still VERY tired and sleeps most of the time. When he talks, it is in a whisper. Time is passing very slowly for him which makes him frustrated. I think he is ready to get out of there! I asked him if he gets hungry and he said he really doesn't have much of an appetite at this point. I'm sure it doesn't help that the food at hospitals is NOT GREAT!

We did come up with some positives from this experience. I told him now when he's got a room full of rowdy high schoolers, all he has to do is put his hands up to his temples and start moaning and say "I feel a headache coming on......" and that should shut them up pretty quick!!

Tonight is going to be the first time that he will see the kids and he said he's excited even though he knows it's going to be tough. I'm sure they will just be glad to see their daddy even if he isn't able to run around and be as energetic as he usually is. Wendy and Chad have done a wonderful job raising children that are resilient.

The best thing is that Chad is still the same old Chad. He was "singing" Wendy and I a song he learned in Sunday school and the nurse came in and said "Okay, if another nurse walks in while you're doing that, you better explain yourself because that's how our crazy patients act!!"

Wendy's state of mind:

I know many of you are also wondering how Wendy is doing. She is getting more rest than earlier this week thanks to all of the people who have generously paid for her and Chads' parents to stay in a hotel connected to the hospital. She is in good spirits but is remaining cautiously optimistic about Chad's condition. She said she doesn't want to get too comfortable being at the hospital, because the more comfortable she gets the less she thinks to rely on God. She is feeling completely covered by your love and prayers and support. She is also really excited to see how God is going to use this situation to help others! She wanted me to thank each and everyone of you who have prayed, made a meal, given a ride, made phone calls and given money. You are all truly angels minstering to Chad and Wendy and the rest of us!!

I will keep you updated as the weekend progresses! Hope everyone has a fun and safe Labor Day weekend.

1 comment:

BC said...

Thanks, Stacy, for taking the time to write.....so very helpful...specially in knowing how to pray at times.

Bonnie Carpenter