Hi all! Hope that you all had a wonderful Labor Day weekend. We had Chad and Wendy's kids over on Saturday night and on Sunday and I realized I'm no Michelle Duggar!! 7 kids is wayyyy toooooo many for little ole me. Don't get me, they were all great and well-behaved, but I felt like I was going a zillion miles an hour. 15 minutes before church, I realized I still hadn't gotten dressed or done my hair. Oh well. I guess the fact that each kid had clean clothes on and each baby had clean diapers on their bottoms was enough! It was quite an experience! God bless each of you who have a bunch of kids. God must have blessed you with an extra ounce or two of patience!!
Today's report on Chad couldn't be better! They did another angiogram to check to make sure that there was still no more new bleeds or aneurysms that they needed to worry about. It came back clear. The doctors said that the chance of his having spasms in the next few days is greatly decreased by the fact that his angiogram ended up having such great results. What an answer to prayer! He will be moved soon from ICU to another room where they won't have to wake him up every hour to check on him like they have been doing.
He will still be in the hospital for a few more days but each day he keeps getting better and better. They are going to try and have him walk around a bit later this afternoon so he can work on regaining his strength. The doctors also said that the chances of him having a repeat of what happened last Monday were about 2%! In the minds of the drs, the news on him couldn't be better! The doctors might not realize it, but we all know we serve a great God who loves to extend grace and peace to His children. I am awed by His faithfulness to Chad and Wendy. I pray that this experience will change Chad and Wendy and their family forever. I pray that they will never be the same now that they have come face to face with God's love and protection.
Thank you all for your continued prayers. We know it will take a while for Chad to get back to normal and we still aren't sure if there will be any lingering effects. We hope and pray for a full and complete recovery. That's all I've got for now!
Side note: If you are someone who is interested in starting new ministries or looking for ways to serve those in need, I have an idea for you. I haven't spent a lot of time in hospitals so I haven't really thought about all of the families that are in turmoil being there. The waiting room on the floor that Chad was on was filled with families whose loved ones were in very critical condition. Some were in comas, some on life support, some who had become paraplegics etc. Some have been there for weeks. The people there just looked so sad and hurting. I thought what a great thing it would be if there was a ministry that could bring up a warm meal for those people. Just providing for people's basic needs can just show Christ's love like nothing else. If anyone starts up something like this, let me know! I would love to volunteer, I just know that at this point in my life, I can't spear head anything like this.
2 comments:
There is a group called the peanut butter and jelly club who do meals for families in the waiting rooms of pmch here in indy. I don't know much about it but have seen them serve.
Thanks for letting me know! I will have to look into this.
Stacy
Post a Comment