Oliver: How do you survive up in Indiana?
Me: What do you mean?
Oliver: It's just so cold.
Me: It's not really that cold.
Oliver: I could never survive. I would never want to live up there! All of that snow!
Me: It doesn't last all year you know.
Oliver: I still couldn't handle it. Me: It's kind of nice. I like the change in seasons.
Oliver: No way. I would not like it so cold.
I think when he went home and talked to his wife, he probably told his wife that he met a real life eskimo! You should have saw the look of disgust on his face when he spoke of snow. I kept thinking, it's INDIANA NOT ANTARTICA!! Oh well. Can't convert them all! I didn't even get to tell him what it was like living in Michigan! Now that is like Antartica....:)
When we left my mom's house, we did leave a small path of destruction. Seems inevitable wherever we go! Owen broke only one dish this time which was an improvement from the last time we were there when he broke 3! Tile floors and ceramic dishes just don't mix! This time we were smarter and bought him his own little plastic set but he still grabbed one of the dinner plates before we had a chance to stop him.
I think I have mentioned on this blog before how picky Owen is. The child has never eaten a piece of meat in his whole life. No chicken nuggets, no hot dogs, no cheeseburgers...nothing! He will not even touch it to his lips. The only way he still stays alive is because of the protein he gets from peanut butter. Well, on our way home, we got Preston chicken nuggets from Wendy's. I just casually gave Owen one knowing that he would reject it but to my shock, he gobbled it up! Then he went on and ate the other 4! Wes and I were so shocked! He ate them like he's been eating them for years. Those little chicken nuggets gave Wes and I hope that he is not a lost cause. You should have seen us...we both called our parents like he had just taken his first steps or something!
It's the little victories that you have to hang on to as parents. Little times when your child makes the right decision instead of the wrong decision he had made five times before. Little times like when they say please or thank you with being prompted. Little times when they look up at you and say love you! Little times when you see them helping each other instead of fighting. These are the things that make parenting worth it.
1 comment:
That really was a good day! We'll be buying a lot more chicken nuggets in the next week or 2 to make sure it wasn't a fluke! :)
Post a Comment