Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Happenings...


I cannot believe that on Monday it will be 6 weeks since I had Cameron! First of all, I'm giving myself a big pat on the back that I am still alive. I am definitely living on less sleep, but I'm making it....and I'm happy! I have to thank Wes for making this happen for me! He has been so mindful of how he can help me and lately when I say "help!" he is right there. Now that's a good man for you. I am just humbled and in awe of him some times. He works all day and then comes home and devotes himself to his family. And he doesn't complain. I am just so blessed!
Cameron is still a great baby. He sleeps most of the time still which is wonderful! It allows me to still get things done and be a mom to the other boys that need me. I was reminded yesterday of how important it is to make your kids feel important. The first few weeks, I felt like I had gone from being the boys' mom to being a drill seargant! Get in the car, get your shoes on, don't hit your brother, stop putting the whole roll of toilet paper in the toilet! You name it, I was yelling it! But I didn't like hearing it from myself and the more I yelled, the less they responded. In the future I'm going to try and be more mindful of how I can give expectations to them without coming off like a crazy person. I want my kids to respect me so I need to act respectable!
Preston and Owen are loving having a little brother. I have seen no jealousy come from either one of them which was kind of surprising. I think they are too busy annoying each other. :) Wes and I are ready to sign Owen up for karate so he can channel his hitting to a good cause. It's not uncommon for me to walk into a room and see Owen on Preston's back just wailing on him. Most of the time Preston is laughing because I guess it doesn't hurt that much! It's just funny to me how one kid can be so physical (Owen) and one kid is not (Preston). I am forever learning about this creature called "boy." So much more complex than what I would have thought!! They can go from beating each other to playing like ole pals in 2 minutes flat. Lindsay and I probably wouldn't speak for the rest of the day if we got in the kind of fights these kids get into! Craziness!!
Well, I hope that everyone is doing well! I know I have some readers (just saying that makes me laugh) who are anticipating the arrival of babies!! I am so excited for you guys!! Hang in there. I know both of you are over your due dates and not happy campers. In a few weeks, you will forget all of the uncomfortableness and just be able to enjoy your little ones!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear of your "good man," and I'm equally glad that he got a good woman! I always enjoy reading your writings (or rantings, as the day may be...smirk). God bless you day by day. --Aunt Miriam