Thursday, August 26, 2010

To Vacation or Not Vacation: That is the Question.

Do you love a good vacation? Me too!! It seems that everytime I go on a vacation, I am planning my next one by the time I get back. I just can't help it! I love to get out of my everyday routine.

I have tried to trace back the reasons behind my obsession with vacations. They weren't really hard to figure out.

1. My mother. Yes, you can blame everything on your parents!! I do!! She has earned the nickname "tour guide" whenever we go anywhere because she will map out our vacations like she is planning four years at college. She claims she inherited this trait from Grampee. See, I told you that it's okay to blame everything on your parents!!!

2. Boxcar Children Books. Growing up, Lindsay and I were gaga for the Boxcar children books. These 3 kids lived in a boxcar and the books were all about how they made this boxcar into their home. Someone call CPS!!! This would never fly in real life but I always wished I was them!! They got to go wherever they wanted and do as they pleased.

3. Pippi Longstocking. If you have ever seen this movie, you will remember a part where Pippi makes a plane for her and Tommy and Anna and they fly away from home to start a new life. Everything is going great until their clothes get eaten by a cow and they almost go down a waterfall in barrels. I also always used to wish I was them too!!

So, there you have it. I have a vacation addiction. To escape real life for just a bit and enjoy time away. Which brings me to my point; wow, I had to say a lot to reach the point!

Anyway, I am dying to take another vacation!! The problem you may ask?? I married someone who doesn't love vacations!! (insert: gasps!!) I know, I should have brought it up before we were married. Now that it's too late, I'm trying to think how I can talk Wes into my latest plan. I just thought it would be fun to go away before baby #3 is born! I just look at the year after a baby's birth as too complicated to try and go on vacation. So that leaves......now!!

How can I convince Wes that we NEED a vacation? He said his idea of a vacation is to stay at home with the boys and just hang out for a week. HELLO???? I do that everyday and I don't call it a vacation. Help me!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well one way to convince him is to post it online so the whole world can get on his case and be on your side! :-)
But I have to say, I am on your side. I love getting away. What about it doesn't he like? The having to plan stuff when you go away? Sleeping in a pop-up? The money spent? maybe getting to the bottom of it is a way to talk him into something... oh and if you're looking for a good destination, you should come to California! Miss you!