Saturday, August 14, 2010

A Heart of Sadness


Weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.

Psalm 30:5

Life has a way of bringing the unexpected. Well this week went a lot differently than I had planned. My precious Aunt Pat lost her battle with illness on Monday around 2pm. She had battled lupus among other things that ultimately took her life. She had fought such a hard battle for the past 4 years. We got word last week that she had from 3 weeks to 3 months to live so her passing away was quite a shock for all of us. Everything just happened so quickly.
She left behind 3 wonderful children and 5 grandchildren. You can tell the mark of a great mother by seeing how deeply her children are affected by their loss. I know she will be greatly missed by them. I know her legacy will live on through them.
My mom is Aunt Pat's only sibling so you can imagine how hard she is taking this. As I put myself in her place, I kept tearing up thinking how hard I would take it to lose one of my siblings. My grandparents are also taking losing Pat hard. Grammie has been getting fuzzier the past few years but you could tell she understood what had happened. I know her and my grandpa share the same feeling: No child should die before their parents. My heart just breaks for all of them.
All throughout this time of mourning though, we all took comfort in the fact that Pat was a believer and is now with her Savior. She is no longer in her weakened state. She is finally at peace and is being comforted by her Comforter. That is something to rejoice over.
Stacy

2 comments:

The Millers said...

Oh Stace, I am so sorry for your family's loss! You all are in our thoughts and prayers. Let me know how I can help.

Jen said...

Praying for your family, Stacy. Sounds like Aunt Pat was quite a blessing.