Friday, August 6, 2010

Family/ Pregnancy Update

Well, I made it through the first 12 weeks of pregnancy! I'm worse for wear, but that's to be expected! I have been much sicker with this baby than I have been with the boys. I was always a little bit nauseated with the boys, but this baby has taught me to be pretty good at upchucking. Everyone says that maybe that means that it's a girl. That's my hope too....but I'm not getting my hopes too high.

I've been a major slacker when it comes to cooking these past weeks. I wasn't even able to open my pantry door without gagging. As you can imagine, that really puts a damper on dinner! But we made it through by eating out more and just eating less fancy things than I usually make. Yes, Wes once accused me of making "too fancy" of food for dinner. My thought is that dinner is the best meal of the day!! Why not make good things!? So that's what I do.

We are definitely going to be finding out what the sex of this baby is, hopefully in the middle of September sometime. We decided this time that we aren't going to share what the name is going to be so that there can be at least some element of surprise when this baby actually comes! And you know how hard a time Wes and I have deciding names anyway!!

The boys are doing great. Preston is getting excited for his birthday (which is still about 2 months away)! Wonder where he gets that from?? Everytime we go in the store he picks out things he wants for his birthday. The problem is he has no idea what the toys are but he wants them anyway!!

Owen is doing great as well. He is finally walking! I think waiting for that to happen shaved off at least five years from my life. His deadline for walking was 17 months. The doc said if he wasn't walking by then, he might have to be put in a developmental program to help him. So, I kept threatening him (nicely) but it wasn't working. About a week before he turned 17 months, he decided it was time. I now am going to be calling him "my little procrastinator." I can just envision the homework battles that this one is going to cause........"What?? Your science project is due in 15 minutes??? And you haven't even started???" Can you tell I speak from experience? Not me of course. I am perfect. (no comments, Mother.)

Wes planned a wonderful birthday week for me! We were able to have a nice date night one night and then we had his dad and uncle over for dinner another night. We like having people over, so it was a good time. I got some new dishes and placemats to go on my new table and I love them! Invite yourself over sometime so you can see them!!

Hope everyone is doing well!! Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Wes said...

I'm pretty sure I can be to blame for the procrastination in Owen's personality. I remember one time I told my mom, on Sunday night, that I had a Leaf Report due on Monday. I hadn't collected any leaves and hadn't researched anything yet. Mom told me I was going to church no matter what...so she went out and gathered a bunch of leaves for me while I was there and when I got home I used a book to find out what kind of tree they were from. Thanks for your help mom. I couldn't have done it without you!

Amanda said...

haha. This post is hilarious. Only people who know you can appreciate it's personality. Caroline is going to start walking next month, so maybe her and Owen can be in the same class j/k. ;)
I can't wait to find out if you are having a girl!!! I already know you are, but it will be so much better when it is official!! I'm glad your over the puking stuff, I was just getting started at 12 weeks. I already stole my baby girl name back from you, so whatever name you choose will be wonderful.

Bethany Zumba said...

hate to rain on your parade but i was SO completely sick with isaac and he is no girl. i was throwing up so hard i bust blood vessels in my eye. sorry for the info, but i don't know if that's a good way to predict a girl! maybe since this pregnancy is so different from the others, it's a good sign! good luck! :)

The Cooks said...

Thanks Courtney! I have been slowly convincing myself that this one is a boy. I think it's my way of making sure I'm not disappointed. I really do feel like I will be happy either way, but a girl would definitely be a great surpise!