Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Plans for the New Year

As the new year comes upon us, I always like to take time to reflect on last year and then make plans for the coming year. This year has been full of great things:

1. Owen being born into our family; happy and healthy.
2. Preston giving up diapers.
3. Wes still having a job despite 30 jobs being eliminated at his company.
4. Finding a small group where we feel like we fit in and are connecting with great people in Noblesville.
5. Buying our first "family" vehicle. Okay, stop snickering.
6. A trip to Disneyworld to see my whole family all together.
7. Gabe (Lindsay's husband) becoming the newest member of our family
8. Mike and Mandy making the decision to adopt a child.
9. Being a part of the MOPS group at church where I am meeting more and more nice people.
10. Being able to enjoy having two boys without feeling completely overwhelmed, at least most of the time!!

All these and a lot more is what I am thankful for this year. Hope I didn't forget anything big.

As I look towards the coming year, I am excited because it symbolizes new beginnings. Now, if you remember from last year, I made a few New Year's Resolutions.....that I didn't keep!! Haha! But resolutions are made to be broken, right? I did get more organized, but have kind of let things slide a little bit. And keeping track of our budget fell by the wayside, but I'm back on track now! The budgeting was all about finding a way to do it that fit me...and it's taken about 6 years but I finally think that I have gotten a system that works for me.

So, this year, I'm resoluting not to make any resolutions. I am just going to be happy where God has placed me and go from there....day to day, not year to year.

1 comment:

Melissa Wisley said...

I like that way of doing things. Living day by day and not year to year. I think it is easy to set yourself up for failure when making resolutions and can only make you depressed at the end of the year when you know you failed. Glad you are happy and content with life as is.