Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Gift that Keeps on Giving........

Wow, it's Christmas Eve and it's already been the worst Christmas ever but I'm okay with that. Our family received a gift that has just been regifted and regifted and regifted; the stomach flu. It all started this past week when Preston and I fell sick to the bug. That's why I haven't been blogging. Then after 3-4 days of thinking Wes was going to get it, he did and so did Owen. Lindsay came for a quick visit and ended up getting sick the day that she left and got sick 9 times on the plane back to CA. During this time, my parents also came to visit and had gone about 4 days and hadn't gotten it.....until now. Christmas Eve.

My poor dad fell sick right after dinner on Christmas Eve. All we could do was laugh and groan as we opened presents to the sound of him getting sick in the bathroom above. Yeah, it was bad! I sure hope that this memory isn't etched in our brains forever! Right now as I type, Dad is laying on the floor in the hallway....all I can say is poor guy! And now my mom is super super nervous that she is going to be next. If I had to guess, I would say she is right! We'll just have to wait and see.

Unfortunately, these are the events that make Christmas' and special events memorable. I truly will never forget the Christmas of 2009. Here's hoping that 2010 brings a better Christmas!! And hey, I guess there's no way Christmas could be any worse than Christmas Eve was, so here's to a better Christmas!! Hope everyone else had a wonderful Christmas and were able to enjoy time with family. Happy New Year!!

2 comments:

The Millers said...

Oh no! Sickness has hit pretty hard here too, but at least it's not the stomach bug variety...that REALLY stinks. Hope everyone is feeling better soon. It's truly a Christmas you won't forget! At least you have plenty of bathrooms ;)

Mike and Mandy said...

What about poor Mike, you forgot to include him!