Okay I'm going to get real honest here so if you're uncomfortable with honesty, come back tommorow and I will post a video of Preston and Owen sword fighting or something like that!! Here's my issue: Why is it so hard to be grateful for what we have? I wish I could get on here and say "Yes, God has blessed us with so much and we couldn't be happier and we don't want anything else." While that is true, I have realized I am a covetous person! Haha, that sounds more scandalous than it should! Anyway, I am frequently overcome with jealous feelings.
My #1 jealous feeling is about other people's houses. I don't know why, but me and this house just haven't clicked the way other's have before. I think it is because I have felt like people judge me by the house I live in. Has anyone ever said "Wow, Stacy, your house is terrible, you should get outta here quick!" Nope! But I project my feelings onto others. I feel like the houses are too close together. I feel like the neighborhood has too many people. I feel like if I lived somewhere else, it would be better. So, that's what I assume everyone else is thinking. But in reality, it's not the truth.
My friend called me out on this recently and said she doesn't know what my big deal is about this house (ok, she said it nicer than that but you get the gist). It took her proverbial shaking of my shoulders to get me to realize, my house can be great because I think it's great! And really, the only thing that matters is that Wes and I and the kids like this house. No one else matters. So, my quest begins. To make this house my home. A place where I can come home and be proud. A place that I can be grateful for.
How will I do this, you ask? Well, first I want to put in an in ground pool, jacuzzi, a tennis court and sauna...........ok, really it all begins with me. I am going do what my wonderful mother used to say, "Stacy you need to get an attitude adjustment." Oh how I hated those words, but they are true.
Off to get grateful.....and to stop Preston from going all American Idol while he is supposed to be sleeping. Love to all.
1 comment:
forget the attitude adjustment! get that pool and tennis court!!! :) j/k! you have a beautiful home... if it makes you feel any better, i often feel that way about my home. to the point that there are certain people i'm afraid to invite over b/c they may "judge" me.... which they probably won't.... oh dear...
Post a Comment