Thursday, February 7, 2013

Happy 2nd Birthday Cameron!



Cameron James Cook began making his arrival onto the earth on February 7, 2011.  Now that I know him and his personality, I'm not surprised that he didn't need any help coming out.  He knew when he wanted to be born and he made it happen.  He is exactly like this today.  He sees what he wants and go head first in to get it.


 Cameron was a wonderful baby.  He slept a lot which was very kind to his mother and he didn't have any trouble plumping up.  We thought Owen was a big baby but Cameron surpassed him as he grew.  He brought a lot of excitement to our house as Wes and I learned to juggle 3 boys!  It gets a lot more complicated when you have 3 children instead of 2 because someone is always doing double the work.  Wes and I had no problem keeping score of what each of us had done so we could say "I changed the last dirty diaper, your turn!"  That's modern marriage for you folks!


 This was a typical look for Cameron; sleeping in the car seat.  Life doesn't stop when you're born 3rd child in a family, you are just always taken along for the ride.  I always wonder how his personality will be different from Preston or Owen's because he is forced to just do what everyone else is doing.


I always had this dream that my kids would love playing together and would just share and love each other so much.  This dream was right along side the dream that I would always stay a size 4.  As we all know, not all dreams become reality.  Yes I am still a size 4, but no my kids don't play very well together.  Okay, fine, I'm a 5.  Okay fine, my size is the answer of this equation (5+4-1/75x the square root of butterscotch pie).  Anywhooo....This picture is probably right before one of those blocks went flying into the forehead of one or both of the boys.  Whenever Owen and Cameron play together you can guarantee fireworks.  They are so close in age and Cameron does not back down and that makes for some interesting fights!

One thing Cameron loves to do is when he's not causing mischief is to have fun!  He has such a cute sense of humor and makes us laugh with his antics. 






He also lives by the mantra "the dirtier you are, the more fun you must be having!"



 As Cameron enters his second year of life, we are excited for what is ahead.  He talks more than any of the other boys did at this age.  He is a pistol and let's us know when he is pleased and not pleased but even after he throws a giant fit and ends up getting what he wants, he politely says thank you.  Hey...I guess it's the little things! 










Happy 2nd birthday to my sweet Cameron!  You bring so much love to our lives and we can't imagine living it without you!

2 comments:

Wes said...

He's a great little boy! :) - Wes

Anonymous said...

Just now catching up on your blog, Stacy! Makes me want to spend a little time getting to know "your 3 sons"! Aunt Miriam