Sunday, January 27, 2013

Is January over yet??

 Happy New Year!  Oh wait, I'm a little late!  Yes I have been a major blogger slacker.  Sorry about that.  Things have been pretty nice around here this month.  We've been just taking it easy, enjoying our new house and hunkering down whenever the snow comes.  I just love looking out the windows at the snow (all from the comfort of my warm home). 
Here's a typical look at what life is like...lots of pushing and playing around:


We entered both Owen and Preston in the Awana Grand Prix this year for the first time.  It was also the first time that Wes had made cars like this.  He didn't have the proper tools so he had to use a chisel!!!  I don't know why the thought of it makes me laugh, but it does!  


So when they got home from the Grand Prix I was excited to hear what happened when Preston came in and said "I got last place EVERY race!"  He was not pleased.  Wes came in and told me that everytime his car would come in last place, he would just glare at Wes like it was all his fault!  Well, a day or two after the race, Wes realized he put Preston's wheels on backwards so it really WAS all his fault!  At least next year, all they can do is improve! 









This is Preston right before his 100th day of Kindergarten.  They had to dress up like 100 year old men to commemorate the event.  I thought he looked pretty cute in his full suit although he looks more like he's running for office!  Funny thing is, the suit is one that Wes used to wear when he was Prestons age.

At the beginning of the year, we got to go to Wes' work party which is always a huge highlight.  His work always goes all out and it is usually in downtown Indianapolis.  It was at the JW Marriott this year.  We decided to go all out this year and get a hotel room to make it like a real date!  (I mean, married person date..haha!) Wes has been on so many business trips that we were able to use points that he had earned to get a free night.  Now that's what I call a great deal!
Here's the view from our hotel room.


Here's a few pics from the actual event.  I don't know who those guys are in the background but I'm pretty sure Wes does.  Just because you work at a big boy job doesn't take the little boy out of you apparently! :)


This is one of my best friends, Mary.  She and I have been friends since Wes first started working at ININ.  She is such a wonderful, fun person to be around!


 Hope all is well with everyone reading...if there is anyone left!!

4 comments:

Lucinda said...

I'm still here and you still make me laugh!

The Cooks said...

So good to hear it Lucinda! Maybe it will be just you and me! :)

Anonymous said...

I am still here, too, darling! By the way, I didn't put the wheels on backwards on the kids car...I built the car backwards. The rear end was supposed to be on the front and visa-versa. :-P -Wes

Anonymous said...

Ditto to what Lucinda said, 2 1/4 months later! Now I'll wait to hear how you recuperate from the FL trip! --Aunt Miriam